Ability to choose existing project on welcome screen

Hi, I just started using Tropy, and it seems like it’s going to be a big help to me. But one thing that I’ve already noticed is that, when I start the program, if Tropy can’t find the project that I was last working on (because I’ve moved it, or changed the name, or whatever), then it takes me back to the welcome screen. At this point, my only option seems to be creating a totally new project, which takes me into the regular Tropy window, and then I can open an existing project.

I wonder if maybe this is only a problem for Windows (which I use), since there isn’t a persistent top menu.

In any case, would it be possible to add in an option to open an existing project to the welcome screen? (Or, if that option already exists, could you point me toward it?)

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, you’re right, the welcome screen / project wizard still needs a lot of work!

That said, you should be able to get the menu to show on Windows by pressing the Alt button on your keyboard (I’m not entirely sure, but I believe either Alt key should work) or use the keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+O to open a project).

Ah, that’s certainly easy enough. Thank you!

1 Like