Auto-create numbers when importing

Is it possible to auto-create numbers on the images when they are imported in to Tropy?

Could elaborate what you mean exactly by number on the images?

If you’d like to see the items sorted in the order in which they were added to the project you can sort by the ‘Date Added’ column in the item table (if the column is not visible, you can add by right-clicking on the columns).

When I import I would like to have the images numbered, so if I import 100 images they should be numbered 1 to 100 in the order of import. Is that possible?

Well I really would like to have uniqe numbers on the images, like 1, 2, 3 ,4 … without having to numbering them my self.

Ideally, you should be able to get this order by sorting by ‘Date Added’. If you move the items in question into a list and set ‘Date Added’ as the sort column.

However, I just noticed that if your computer is sufficiently fast, the resolution of the timestamp is too coarse to distinguish between consecutive items imported together (i.e., they might end up with identical timestamps). We’ll address this in the upcoming release!

There are also internal IDs assigned to every item (photo and selection) which are sequential numbers (and unique per project). These IDs are currently not visible in the UI but we could add a way to expose them (you can also see them if you access the project db file directly).

Hi and thank you!

I will try this.