Error: SQLITE_CANT OPEN- Tropy wont open my database file

Like kelseashanty, I opened Tropy to continue working on my project and got the following message: “SQLITE_CANTOPEN: unable to open database file”

Here are some screenshots of the log:

I would really appreciate any help with this issue- it came out of nowhere!

The forum will only let me post one picture at a time- but here is another pic of the log: 14%20PM

Can you send me the Dissertation.tpy file? You can send it to sylvester.keil@gmail.com if you don’t want to post it here.

Just following up here, in case someone else runs into this, that the issue was probably iCloud locking the file, pending and update.

I am having a very similar issue.

I haven’t been using tropy in a week or two and today I wanted to get back to my project and got the following error message:

{“msg”:“C:\Users\xXxXx\Documents\Dissertation.tpy”,“stack”:“Error: SQLITE_CANTOPEN: unable to open database file”,“system”:“Windows_NT 10.0.18362 (x64)”,“time”:1567879771330,“version”:“1.5.4”}

You mentioned the iCloud service. I am currently uploading all my desktop and related files to OneDrive as a backup. Might this be a reason for the problem?

…coincidentally my tropy file has the same name as the previous poster’s.

I apologize for my spamming, but it seems I solved the problem myself.
Because of the backup, everything was moved to the OneDrive folder. Now I just have to consolidate all my photos.
Still thanks for the having mentioned the cloud issue! I wouldn’t have figured out that this was an issue.