Error when exporting to Zotero

Hello,

I’m trying to export a bunch of items from Tropy to Zotero using the CSL plugin and I’m getting the following error message :

I was getting a different type of error and then I realized I didn’t have the latest version of the plugin. I downloaded and installed the latest version and now I’m getting this error. Any idea of what might be going on? BTW, I also have the latest version of Tropy installed.

I followed the instructions in this post: Best practice for creating citations?

Thanks in advance!

I can’t reproduce the error myself using the latest versions of Tropy and the plugin. I think it’s possible that you may have downloaded the plugin’s source code instead of the bundled release. When you look at the latest release page there’s the tropy-plugin-csl-v1.1.0.zip file and also a zipped version of the source code. In previous versions of the plugin downloading the zipped source code was fine, but we’ve recently changed this so now it’s important to download the released package instead. To make sure you got the right version, can you try deleting the plugin and then re-installing the one I linked to above?

If it still does not work, please post the Tropy log file here (after the error occurs) and we’ll try to figure out what’s causing the issue.

You were right, it seems like I had downloaded the source code instead of the bundled release. It’s now working just fine, thanks a lot for your help!