Error when opening Tropy on Mac OS

Hello everyone,
Each time I try to open Tropy I get the following error message :
{“msg”:“unhandled error: dlopen(/Applications/Tropy.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/lib/node/lib/fsevents.node, 1): Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin\n Referenced from: /Applications/Tropy.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/lib/node/lib/fsevents.node (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)\n Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib\n in /Applications/Tropy.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/lib/node/lib/fsevents.node”,“stack”:“Error: dlopen(/Applications/Tropy.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/lib/node/lib/fsevents.node, 1): Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin\n Referenced from: /Applications/Tropy.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/lib/node/lib/fsevents.node (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)\n Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib\n in /Applications/Tropy.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar.unpacked/lib/node/lib/fsevents.node\n at process.func [as dlopen] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:1869)\n at Module._extensions…node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1354:18)\n at Object.func [as .node] (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:2096)\n at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1124:32)\n at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:965:12)\n at f._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:2:13377)\n at o._load (node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:2:3109)\n at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1148:19)\n at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:110:18)\n at Object. (/Applications/Tropy.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/lib/project-GquQjkvo.js:42479:20)”,“system”:“Darwin 17.7.0 (x64)”,“time”:1707665798704,“version”:“1.15.2”}

I had created a folder, which I can’t access to, and can’t create a new one either. I have downloaded the app several times without any success. Could somebody help me there? I am a student in history of art and not very familiar with this app.
Thank you for your time

The latest version of Tropy requires newer macOS versions. On High Sierra you can still install Tropy 1.14.

Dear Inukshuk,
Thank you very much for your help.
I’ll try to use this version of Tropy, for I can’t change my computer right now.
Regards
Dominique

Envoyé de mon iPhone