Failed to import item

I recently updated Tropy to version 1.2.0-beta.3.
Now, I’m trying to upload my usual png files into Tropy but keep getting the error message: “Cannot read property ‘fields’ of undefined.” Same problem with jpg files.
What’s going on?

Do you know which version of the beta you had been using previously? The beta channel should be fine, but in general it’s better to use the stable channel; if you’re on Windows, I should also add that the download link on tropy.org pointed to a beta installer briefly a couple of months ago, so you might be on the beta channel unintentionally because of our mistake.

Having said that, if you could upload your project.log file, we can hopefully figure out what’s going on. Ideally:

1. Start Tropy
  2. Try to import a photo as usual
  3. When it fails, select Help -> Show log files from the menu
  4. Upload the project.log file

Thanks!

Hi,
I have the same problem with my tropy, i upload the project.log file.
project.log (20.5 KB)

Thank you.

PS : if we can can speak french or spanish is better :slight_smile:

It looks like there was an error loading the ‘ontology’ data (vocabularies and templates) that’s why the import failed. Can you tell me which version of windows you’re using? (or upload the main.log file as well) Thanks you!

The Tropy team is partly based in France so you’re welcome to post in French. We will try to answer Spanish questions as well, if we don’t understand something we’ll ask, but you’re welcome to post in the language you’re most comfortable with.

1 Like

Bonjour,

Mon ordinateur viens de télécharger la dernière version de Windows 10 ce matin et tout semble fonctionner correctement. Je m’excuse donc pour vous avoir fait perdre du temps et vous remercie pour votre service.

1 Like