Imported photos order

Hello.
Tropy is great tool for research. Thank you for your jobs.
So I want to ask you a question.
I imported photos into Tropy, but these order is not lined up in numerical (descending and ascending) order particularly in the contents of ‘Lists’ ( but this works in ‘Project’)
For examples, I imported the form of ‘file name: 00000(No.)_jpg’, but it didn’t work.
Could you please verify the fix of it?

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for your question. Items in a list should appear in the order that you put them in the list. So if you didn’t put them into the list in sequential order, they wouldn’t automatically appear that way. However, when you’re viewing a list, you can click on the column header that you want to sort by in order to sort your list sequentially by that column’s information. So if you didn’t edit the title of your items (so they’re still named “00000[number]”), you should be able to sort by the title field.

As abbymullen said, the order in lists is determined by the order you add items to the list; we’re currently working to make this fact more obvious (by adding a ‘position’ column to lists) and we will also make it possible to change the order inside the list via drag and drop.

Having said that, changing the sort order to something else (title, creation date etc.) should be possible too, but does not work currently – this will be fixed in an upcoming release. Thanks for reporting!

Thank you for your replies!!!
I’m look forward to using upcoming updates from Japan!!!

Greetings. I just installed the most recent update, but I am still having issues with the sort order function within the lists (specifically regarding sorting by date). Wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if maybe this bug is still being worked out?
Thanks!

You’re doing nothing wrong, we are still working on it (sorting in lists and customizable columns) – this will hopefully make it into the next release.

Thanks so much - looking forward to it, and thanks for all the great work!