Items in the list disappeared

Hi, today I have opened my Tropy project, and I have discovered that many items have disappeared from the lists I have created, including all the pictures and notes. For instance, in one list I had 20 items with dozens of notes, and now I can see only five of them!!!
I have even tried to go ‘back in time’ and use Timemachine, to recover the old file (I back up my computer every day), but misteriously there are even less items in the list, and I am unable to understand what happens there.
I am on a Mac Book pro, running Big Sur, and I have not done any major updates or changes in my computer since I last used Tropy…

I just want to add that they seem to be there in the database somewhere, because when I try to consolidate the library, the database correctly ‘sees’ that it contains more than one thousand pictures… so they are in, but they are invisible…

Is it possible that you have either tags currently selected or an active query in the search box? Either of those would limit the visible items to matching results.

You are right, this was the problem. It is strange because I even tried to uninstall and install it again, and the query was still active after the new installation…