Link to shared drive dies

Hi Tropy team.
I have all my pictures on my university’s shared drive. I have created a project on my local desk, but whenever I restart my computer, the path goes missing and cannot be restored. So I basically lose all my work over and over again. I need to keep the pictures on the shared drive for backup. Do you have any recommendations on what to do?
Cheers,
Helle

You should not be losing any data: when Tropy loses access to your photos you can still use your project, with the exception that you cannot view the photos in item view (you should still see thumbnails of the photo in project view along with all the data you entered). If the photos are not available temporarily (e.g., external or shared drive) this should be OK; when the photos are available again (at the same path) and you restart Tropy everything should be back to normal.

That said, the important thing is to ensure that Tropy has some kind of stable path to your photos to find them whenever available. To ensure that you get a stable path to your shared drive depends on your operating system and the way your drive is set up. If you tell us about this we might be able to help.

Thank you for your swift reply. I will talk to my IT department.