Merging with Aeon Timeline

Just follow the link posted above and download the plugin from there (zipped source code). When Finder opens when you select to install the plugin, just pick the downloaded zip file to install it.

Thanks so much. I realise now that I hadn’t’ relaunched Tropy.
All is working now.

Many thanks.

Hey… just a final update from me … Aeon Timeline sent me their beta software, with correct parsing, and it has worked perfectly! I have seven hundred Tropy articles now correctly placed on Aeon Timeline, ready to be worked on. I can’t thank you enough for the plug-in. You saved me weeks of time!

I have a couple of thoughts about usability in future versions. Because Aeon allows you to map Tropy tags into Aeon items, it would be great for the plug-in to eventually include all data. For example, take a letter between two people. In Tropy, they are ‘Author’ and ‘Recipient’ but in Aeon, they would both be ‘Participants’ … Aeon would allow you to put both fields into the single field. I could see that kind of thing being helpful.

And Aeon didn’t like my use of “” for nicknames… e.g. Fidelia “Delia” Smith … so some guidelines for Tropy users who might want to link to Aeon would be useful in future so that the import runs smoothly.

But those are minor things. The core of it worked great!! A thousand thank yous!
K

1 Like

Glad you found connecting the two to be helpful!

It’s no big deal to put Author and Recipient into a combined field, but how would you merge the two? Using a ‘|’ as with multiple photos?

The same is true for any other fields you’d like to add. The only issue, really, is supporting different templates (e.g., if you did not want to call it ‘Author’ in your Tropy template but used something else) – but we can make this configurable if there is more demand.

1 Like