Messy imported photos order (different question than previous post on this topic)

Hello,

I am new to Tropy. I downloaded images from several google photos folders. In those folders, the images are ordered according to the time and date I took them (the metadata on the original photos creates this order). My hand-written notes on each of these photos follows that order, moving chronologically. But when I import these photos (the entire folder of them) into Tropy, the order gets completely screwed up somehow, and this makes it unbelievably time consuming for me because I can no longer quickly follow my notes and enter new metadata and notes for the images.
I read on a previous post that they are listed in the order that they are imported. However, I am importing the entire downloaded folder of images at once. I thought that Tropy would logically follow the metadata of the original JPGs and import the earliest photos first (with the earliest time stamp) but this isn’t happening.
I would love to hear how I can correct this problem.

Thanks!
Jessica

I’m afraid there’s no easy solution currently. Tropy imports the photo’s metadata at the photo level (including the date, if you use the default template); but we can sort items only by item properties not photo properties, because there’s no general 1:1 mapping between items and photos.

Currently, you’d have to copy the date of the photo-level to the item-level in the metadata panel; then you can sort the items based on this date.

We should make this process easier (or import the date also at the item level).