Moved photos won't show in item view (sqlite & rebasing didn't work)

I’m somewhat ashamed to open yet again a new topic about that issue, which I know is classic and has been addressed several times, but none of the provided solutions worked for me. I’m on Mac and I moved my photos to classify them in a handier way on my USB disk (the photo have always been on this disk as far as I can remember, I only changed their folder path). I tried the sqlite thing but apparently the program is unable to find the project file (which, as you can see, I renamed for what I thought would be a more readable name).

I tried to open a portable project but that doesn’t help: even after rebasing the project the same photos cannot be opened. Here is my project log file. project.log (304.6 KB)

Sorry again, there’s probably something I didn’t understand in the instructions, but I’d be forever grateful if you can take the time to analyze what’s wrong and what I can do to restore the photos in Tropy. Thanks a lot!

The problem opening the project in sqlite3 is because of the spaces in your file name. You can either escape each space with a backslash or put quotation marks around the full path to your file. The leading slash is probably missing as well. So this should work:

For example: sqlite3 "/Users/kim/Documents/Registres de la cathédrale de Troyes 2.tpy" should work, if I got the path right there.

You can move all your photos with your project if you make the project portable before moving (not after). Anyway, the easiest solution right now is probably to make the change in the database directly. If you give it a try, please don’t forget to make a backup copy of the project before you start! I’m also happy to help if you send me your project file here (or in direct message if you don’t want to post it publicly); in that case you’d have to tell me the old and the new path for the files that can’t be found.

I was finally able to rename the path with sqlite and everything went back in order. Thanks a lot!!