Need collapsible/expanadable view in Templates, while creating custom templates

While creating custom template to accommodate newly added vocabularies or from default vocabularies, the properties copied from an existing template need to be edited.

But the preferences dialog box dimensions are fixed. In that case, it would be of much help to have collapsible property list to get a better idea what are all the properties i wish to have for my items in tropy.

Else i need to scrolllllll up and down to pick and place the properties or delete the existing one so that i can have the liberty to order the properties as the work demands.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder – that’s on our wish list too!

2 Likes

Very useful suggestion. :tada:

1 Like

Dear developer,

Customizing the template helped me a lot, thank you!

Yet another problem is that, when I rearrange the vocabulary item in the template, the item sequence I just made always went wrong after I close the dialogue window. even if I output a new version of the template, the new version always has the same wrong sequence. (Sometimes I found it maybe because the long way to re-locate the item across the dialogue window always went wrong).

Thank you so much again!

Hi all,

I tried the current version of Tropy. The tropy preferences dialog box, still has the dialog box issue, where now i couldn’t even able to see the - or + button right next to the properties. So because of that, i couldn’t able to either remove or add properties from my vocabularies into the resource template.

So, I have rolled back to 1.11.0 for now.

The switch from top tabs to left tabs is useful but it seems somehow the space is not enough when i require to edit the properties.

Hi,

the + and – buttons only show up for editable templates, i.e. you have to duplicate read-only templates before you can edit them. Did you try to edit the Tropy Generic or Dublin Core template by any chance?

Sorry for the delay in reply.

What i referred to is that after duplicating and creating a template with new name, i get the +, - icons with every property. However, i couldn’t able to resize the tropy preferences window. Especially when tropy is used in low dpi displays like 1366x768 monitors, the +, - icons couldn’t be seen.

Could you provide a screenshot? The preferences window is not resizable, but it should be perfectly usable on a 1366 x 768 monitor.

i tried with tropy 1.16.2 now. Still the window is not resizable, even in high res display.