Shortcut for scrolling photo while transcribing

Hi! Tropy is helping my transcription workflow immensely. Thank you for this wonderful tool! I was wondering if it would be possible to add a shortcut to scroll the photo while taking notes (so without clicking on the photo again). That would immensely help with the workflow. I mean, we could do a fit view, but the quality of the papers from the archives is such that it’s very hard to see without zooming to a degree. I would appreciate a consideration of the feature! Thank you.

Do you have a suggestion for a good shortcut?

The best we’ve come up with so far is this: while the notepad has the keyboard focus (i.e., as you’re transcribing) you can hit: Shift+Tab, followed by Arrow Down and Tab again to scroll down the active photo and keep on typing.

Woah thank you for the prompt response. That’s actually perfect! I did not think to combine the two shortcuts. Could you make that combo prominent in the Tropy documentation? It would be great if there is a mention of that on the “Take notes on or transcribe the content of an item.” section of the documentation.

1 Like