Sort Within List Uses Original Title

I am unsure what I am doing wrong here, but my lists appear to be sorted according to the original title of an item. I imported the photos, created items out of multi-page photographs, and renamed them a more meaningful title. When I have selected the entire collection, it sorts correctly according to the new title. However, when I am in list view, the items sort under the original title of the first photograph in the grouped item, not according to the new item title.

In addition, I assigned a historical date to when the item was created by the item author, and similar behavior happens here - In collection view, it sorts fine, but in list view it sorts according to the date the first photograph is captured.

Can you suggest what I am doing wrong?

Thanks so much.

You’re doing nothing wrong, sorting within lists does not work in the current release (the order of items you see in the list is the order in which the items were added to the list). Sorry for the confusion! This will be addressed by updates in the next few weeks: fix sorting in lists, make columns resizable and customizable, allow to change the default order of items in lists via drag and drop – all that should make it into the next 2-3 updates.

That is great to know, thanks for clearing it up. I will look for the next update! Thanks!