Tropy Database viewing via 'private' website

Is there a method by which I could present large Tropy Image “databases” on websites? I use WordPress most often. I see here that PressForward is mentioned; but reviewing the plugin, it doesn’t seem to provide an obvious method for a web author to link to a Tropy Database and/or Files for presentation purposes?

https://chnm.gmu.edu/courses/fellowship/?p=1094

My objective is to take thousands of grave images (one project) and thousands of Holocaust passenger transport lists (a second project) and make those images freely available to anyone who might find them valuable.

Any help/ guidance is most appreciated.

There is currently no way to turn your project into a website, but there are number of developments in that direction which might be of interest.

Not strictly a website, but one option that is already far advanced is to allow for Tropy projects to be shared easily: i.e., you could upload such a project and other would be able to download the project and view it in Tropy (it’s also possible to do this with ‘remote’ images, that is, have others download only a project file and view the full project, with the original photos hosted on a server). Sharing a project is not fully ready yet, but you can already get close by using the archive plugin: this lets you export any number of items in your project as a zip file, which others can import back into a Tropy project.

If you want to curate a project as a website, there is also Tropy’s sibling project Omeka to consider. There is an Omeka export plugin for Tropy, which allows you to export Tropy items to an Omeka S server.

If this is not what you’re looking for, here are two more ideas: printing Tropy items currently works via HTML; we could look into allowing you to save the print layout as a HTML archive (instead of only allowing you to print it). This would result in a plain website for any of your items.

Alternatively, it would be relatively easy to create an HTML export plugin on the basis of the current archive plugin: what the plugin currently does is to collect all the images and compile a JSON file with the metadata – this could be adjusted to create HTML files based on some template instead.