Tropy to Omeka S export problem

I tried to export items catalogued in Tropy using Omeka S(exhibit.cooponscitech.in) plugin with proper keys configured.

The same setting worked few months back.

However, with Tropy 1.11 and 1.12, i am getting the following error (from the log files in tropy).
It seems that the error is connected to laminas, which believe is used in Omeka development :

level":50,“time”:1669800955551,“type”:“renderer”,“name”:“project”,“plugin”:“tropy-plugin-omeka-v2.0.1”,“error”:"A plugin by the name “imageSize” was not found in the plugin manager Laminas\Mvc\Controller\PluginManager

pls help me resolve the error. I have setup the tropy, omeka s based workflow in order to organize the archive that we are deploying.

Hm, this error is definitely coming from Omeka S. Can you check the server logs to see which request is causing it?

I too guessed the cause as omeka s instance, because of the presence of “Laminas” in the log.
Following is the log i copied from the omekas application.log file after initiating export of a particular item from tropy to omekas

2022-12-02T06:44:17+00:00 ERR (3): Laminas\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException: A plugin by the name “imageSize” was not found in the plugin manager Laminas\Mvc\Controller\PluginManager in /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-servicemanager/src/AbstractPluginManager.php:143

Stack trace:

#0 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/PluginManager.php(114): Laminas\ServiceManager\AbstractPluginManager->get()

#1 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/modules/ImageServer/Module.php(492): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\PluginManager->get()

#2 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): ImageServer\Module->handleBeforeSaveMedia()

#3 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(170): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()

#4 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php(638): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEvent()

#5 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php(341): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->hydrateEntity()

#6 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/application/src/Api/Manager.php(224): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->create()

#7 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/application/src/Api/Manager.php(78): Omeka\Api\Manager->execute()

#8 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/application/src/Controller/ApiController.php(119): Omeka\Api\Manager->create()

#9 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/application/src/Controller/ApiController.php(195): Omeka\Controller\ApiController->create()

#10 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractRestfulController.php(428): Omeka\Controller\ApiController->processPostData()

#11 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/application/src/Controller/ApiController.php(168): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractRestfulController->onDispatch()

#12 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Omeka\Controller\ApiController->onDispatch()

#13 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()

#14 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(103): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()

#15 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractRestfulController.php(312): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch()

#16 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(139): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractRestfulController->dispatch()

#17 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch()

#18 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()

#19 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(331): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()

#20 /var/www/omeka-s-3.2.3/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()

#21 {main}

Thanks, I’ll check with the Omeka team report back.

Thanks a lot… actually I first raised the issue at omeka forum. They asked me to share the issue in tropy forum. However I can understand the necessity of collaboration.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regards
Cosmo

here is the focum discussion i had…

Just to be safe, i have replaced omekas from 3.2.3 to 3.2.2, which unfortunately have not changed anything in the error log.

But when i removed the IIIFServer and ImageServer modules from the installation, the got the export working as usual without any errors or problems. Since the error says something related to image resize module in laminas, it also intrigued me what if the error is due to modules ? and it seems it is because of that.

If you can explain about it, will be helpful.

Thanks. @inukshuk

Thanks for the follow-up! This should help clear up the issue. It looks to me like the import via the API causes some error in the modules you mentioned. I suspect that there’s nothing we can do to address this in the Tropy plugin, but instead in either of the two modules instead.

yeah i was hoping, what would be the best way to go choose a image server module ? can u recommend with reasons ?

i also like to know your experience with https://curatescape.org
is it ok to use curatescape modules and themes with omeka-s ? i mean i would like to get a tech side review on it.

I’m afraid I’m not the best source for recommendations on this topic. Best to move these questions over to the Omeka forums.

1 Like