Here is a quick way to test a shared folder setup:
- In your shared folder (e.g., Dropbox) create a new folder ‘Test Project’
- In Tropy, enable developer mode in the preferences window.
- Create a new project with any name and change its location to be in the ‘Test Project’ folder.
- Open the project and ‘rebase’ it from the Developer menu (the rebase action is a toggle, so be sure to do this only once!)
- Move an image into the folder ‘Test Project’.
- Import the image from that folder into Tropy.
- Disable developer mode again and quit Tropy.
At this point you should have the shared folder containing your tpy file and one image. On your other device, setup your shared folder, make sure it is synced (i.e., it contains both files) and then open the project.
(Again, please be aware that it’s currently very easy to overwrite your own changes if you share a project this way, so it’s always a good idea to make frequent backups.)