View multiple notes for one image simultaneously

Hi, I am still trying to figure out a good system of transcribing and translating the archival documents I am working with. I would love to be able to view two notes for a single image simultaneously, so that I can work on my transcription in one note and my translation in another note.
Alternatively, perhaps it would be possible to create two separate columns within a single note, so that one side can be the transcription and one side can be the translation?
Thanks!

1 Like

Weā€™ve been considering adding item level notes (i.e., notes not linked to a single image) or ways to display notes independently of the selected image, for example displaying all the notes, one after another, in the note pad. More generally, weā€™ve been trying to figure out a good workflow for managing multiple types of notes, similar to your suggestion, transcription vs real notes, but we have no clear solution in mind yet.

Supporting multiple columns in a note is something I had not considered. Itā€™s probably not the best approach, because it will make it difficult, afterwards, to classify or search data. For instance, if you want to later search for a phrase only within transcribed text, it would not easily be possible to skip matches in the ā€˜noteā€™ text. Creating separate notes, with the ability to classify them by type, seems much safer.

2 Likes

Yes, youā€™re probably right that columns wouldnā€™t be the best way to go about it. But being able to manage multiple types of notes would be great. Or perhaps being able to ā€œpop outā€ a note so itā€™s in a separate window, and then being able to ā€œpop outā€ multiple notes at once. Evernote, for example, has that feature, where you can open a note in a separate window. So I can open two notes, size/place them side by side, and type into two notes at the same time. This feature would also be really useful if, for example, Iā€™m using two monitors - that way I would be able to have the image blown up on one monitor, with a note or two notes that I am typing in on the other monitor.

2 Likes