Viewing multiple nested lists

I have a number of nested lists within the same project. At the moment (as far as I can tell) if I want to view what’s nested in each list I need to click on the small arrow to the left of the list title. Would it be possible to open up multiple lists in one go?

1 Like

At the moment that’s not possible, no.

Tropy remembers the state of each individual list: this means that the nested lists should automatically open, if they were open at the time you closed the parent list. Or were you asking about opening multiple lists at same level in one go?

2 Likes

I was interested in opening all the lists at all the levels in one go. It came up as an issue when I was searching for the list location of a tagged item and I had to go through the lists opening them one-by-one.
Thanks for always being responsive with great suggestions!

Hi, I assume maybe you can click the project name and icon (which is on the top left corner), then all the items in every level of lists show up. Is that what you need?

Dear developer,
I am quite interested in this feature of multiple lists viewing.
I think what you mentioned about the lists in multiple viewing is what I thought practical and useful for many users.
For example, if I have some nested lists as below, and wish to view the inside items at a time in lists (1) L1.1+L1.3; (2) L1.1+L2.1; (3) L2+L3, which one may be possible (now or in the future)? Many many thanks!

L1
-L1.1
-L1.2
-L1.3
L2
-L2.1
-L2.2
L3

You mean to combine arbitrary lists, right? For example, all items which are in L1 or L3? The goal is to add an advanced search panel to allow you to combine queries like this (hopefully next year!).

Yep, in the project view, able to view items at least in selected same-level lists, if not arbitrary lists.

But the design of advanced search has been much more advanced and practical already. Really looking forward to that! Many many thanks to you and the Tropy team! :tada:

1 Like