Vocabulary Import Failing

I’m attempting to import a new vocabulary ( Bibliographic Ontology Specification). I’ve downloaded the .n3 file. However, whenever I attempt to import, I get the following message: “Failed to import vocabulary AssertionError [ERR_ASSERTION]: vocabulary is protected
at Object.create (/Applications/Tropy.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/lib/models/ontology.js:106:9)”
What am I doing wrong?

You can probably ignore this error (we’re considering turning this into warning in the log file instead of an error). It means that the vocabulary you imported likely contains definitions which are part of other vocabularies which Tropy already includes by default. The default vocabularies are protected so this error just says that the import tried to modify a protected vocabulary and that at least that part of the import was ignored. If you check the list of installed vocabularies you will hopefully see BIBO there anyway.

I just realized that I actually do! Thanks for the prompt response. I’m assuming there is no problem with creating a template that uses terms from multiple vocabularies?

Not at all. In fact, it is very common even for vocabularies to share properties (that’s also the cause for the import error) and similarly for Tropy templates.